WELCOME TO DIVAVILLE - DIVA IS A STATE OF MIND
"We should always reach for the stars...they look so good in our eyes" - PopArtDiva

Monday, February 18, 2008

An Affair to Remember - Half a Century of Hankies

I am having a day off, enjoying a martini and watching "An Affair to Remember" with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr for probably the 50th time. This movie always reminds me of my mother. It was one of her favorite movies and we would often watch it together - crying into hankies Mom had embroidered with little flower buds and initials. It was a favorite ritual of ours.

To this day this movie makes me cry but now it's because I miss my Mom's company as I watch it. I absolutely love the theme song, whenever I hear it I think of my mother and our love of old romantic movies. It's a DIVA day of tear jerkers and martinis - we all need one every once in a while.

It's hard for me to believe that movie is fifty years old. It's hard for me to believe my Mom's been gone for 16 years. Mom, this day, this martini and this song is for you - I love you and miss you. You taught me how to be a DIVA.

Take a little trip down Chick Flick lane while you enjoy my favorite part of the movie - the grandmother playing the theme song on the piano for Nikki and Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment or a thought on this post? Get your DIVA ON here!