WELCOME TO DIVAVILLE - DIVA IS A STATE OF MIND
"We should always reach for the stars...they look so good in our eyes" - PopArtDiva

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

FASHION IS TOO MUCH WORK - CAN I JUST GO NAKED???

Are you into fashion and shopping? Well, so's our good friend Mona - she came to America and now she's a gorilla fashionista!
If you love shopping like Mona loves shopping you'll enjoy my original art "Mona Lisa Goes Hollywood" from my Mad Masterpiece Series at PopArtDiva.com! Available as archival prints or on canvas in various sizes.


In my younger days I was a slave to fashion. It cost me a fortune, I never wore half the stuff twice, I had sore feet from those six inch heels, make-up took up an hour of my day and a bad hair day almost drove me to tears. I no longer care if I'm up to date - no, I'm not still wearing hip-huggers or white lipstick (although that may have come back TOO), but I'm more concerned with comfort than style.

What I'd like to know is this: Who's in charge of what's in style? Who says you're hot or a fashion faux pas? And how did "they" get so much power????

I will subscribe to certain Fashion Laws - Clean hair, neat clothes that aren't too small, people like me with a few extra pounds shouldn't be seen in public in shorts, and no butt cracks - male or female! But I will no longer be controlled by arbitrary "rules" driven primarily by financial interests.

Nope, I do not wear someone else's logo on my clothes and thereby pay to advertise for them, I will not suffer for a fad, I will not sell my financial soul for trends. I have declared my freedom from the Fashion Nazis and I find I have more time, more money and a higher level of contentment than I would have thought possible. There are distinct advantages to getting older, wiser and blasé!

Now, get out of my way, those Monolo Blahniks are on sale!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment or a thought on this post? Get your DIVA ON here!